3rd World Congress on Electroporation and Pulsed Electric Fields in Biology, Medicine and Food & Environmental Technologies
Abstract Submission — Invitation, Instructions and General Information
The International Society of Electroporation Based Technologies and Treatments invites abstract submission containing unpublished, original research. All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by appropriate experts and scheduled for presentation as either oral (platform) or poster.
General Abstract Format Information
These details will be asked of you once you start the submission process. Please review this list and make sure you have all the required answers before starting the submission process.
General required information and format restrictions
Abstract Title — 200 characters limit.
Authors and Affiliations:
- Identify all authors with full affiliation (institution, address and country), name, last name, email are required fields;
- Identification of the Presenting author (will receive an invitation email to upload presentation/poster a few weeks before the Congress);
- Identification of the Corresponding author (will receive all correspondence concerning submission).
Body of abstract — 3000 characters limit including spaces.
Classification — Please choose the appropriate field of research your work belongs to in order to aid the review process.Show me the list of research topics
Basic biology of electroporation
- Basics, modeling of electroporation including MD studies
- Membrane responses
- Cell responses (including Intracellular trafficking)
- Stress responses on PEF and plasma exposure
- Waste valorization
- Drinking and wastewater treatment
- Microalgae treatment
- Biomass processing
Food industry applications
- Microbial inactivation/pasteurization
- Improving mass transfer
- Structure modification/peeling
- Tissue impregnation
- Drug delivery
- Gene delivery
- Cancer therapy
- Cell stimulation
- Wound healing
Pulsed-power devices, facilities and apparatus for Plasma and PEF treatment
- Generator concepts, PEF modulators
- Switching (magnetic, semiconductor, gas discharge switches)
- Large-scale processing and treatment facilities
- Instrumentation diagnostics (pulsed power, optical, impedance, etc.)
- PEF treatment
- Nanosecond pulse electric fields
- Plasma (non-thermal)
- Low electric fields
- Ohmic heating
- Micro and nano devices
Additional requested information
Please indicate your preferred type of presentation:
If selected for Poster, willingness to participate in interactive poster session:
Applying for Student / Early Career Investigator Award:
- Post-Doc / Early Career Investigator*
*Note: Early Career Investigators must be either under the age of 35 or within 5 years of receiving their doctoral degree (i.e. M.D., Ph.D., etc.) and working in the field of electroporation and pulsed electric fields in biology, medicine and food & environmental technologies.
Invitation letter for Visa required:
Important notes to observe
All abstracts must contain original work that has not been published or presented on previous occasions.
Abstracts must be submitted in English.
Please check spelling and grammar carefully. All abstracts will be published as submitted.
Use generic names. Commercial drug names may not be used.
Abstract Limit: There are no restrictions on the number of abstracts you may submit and present, provided that each abstract represents distinct research.
Visa Information — Abstracts submitted from outside the Schengen Area
International abstract submitters who plan to attend the 3rd World Congress on Electroporation may need to apply for a VISA to travel to the meeting in Toulouse, France, EU. For more information on visa requirements, please go to https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/. Please be aware that the time required to obtain a VISA may be substantial. An invitation letter will be sent to abstract submitters that have checked “Yes” that a letter is needed upon receiving their abstract submission.